Saturday, November 28, 2009

the kite runner

I have after reading this book, become so proud that I am an American woman. The one sided standard that women suffer from in the Muslim religion is so sad. I am a widow and if I was in Afghanistan and my husband died I would be unable to support my three children. I cryed at the thought of how those poor women, under the control of the Taliban, suffer just because they were born the wrong gender. They watch as their children starve and casted away to poverty. The standards of which a woman is to carry herself I find unrealistic and cruel. Although in America there are a lot of prejudices to my gender here. I can walk out of my house with my face uncovered and I can earn a living. People look at me with three kids and the fact that I am single and automatically assume that I am a Jezebel.My husband died; I had no control over what happened and god knows i wish I did. I still get the look from people time to time. I couldn't imagine what those poor women face on a daily basis. They put man on a pedal stool which I think is just crazy. The reason this world is so messed up now is because of men.Its OK for a man to go out and screw everything that walks but if a woman has three kids and goes out to have a few drinks one night then omg she is the biggest piece of crap ever made. Its okay for a man to dump his kids off on visitation weekend with his mama and go out and party but if a woman does that oh now shes a bad mother. Women suffer period here, there, everywhere. We are brought up to act like ladies and clean and cook. We are taught to take care of everything and everyone. Its like we are all co-dependent. Then when a woman stands up for herself and steps out of that box and says "Hey I am not your maid" she is called a bitch. I call it being a woman.If we have more than one sexual partner then god forbid we are ruined and soiled. A man anyhow can do whatever he wants and they will say oh a man is weaker than a woman. Whatever men are weak cause they are taught to be kings and they can do no wrong. They loose their tempers and no one says anything to him but if a woman does then shes unruly. I was really disgusted by what i read about the Taliban and the Muslim religion.They all need Jesus seriously.women and men are equal in my gods eyes and that's the way it should be we are both created in his image.

No comments:

Post a Comment